ibrium

ibrium

Chosen - Denise Grover Swank A provisional three stars. More than once, for the first half of the book, I was tempted to DNF this one, because of Emma. She's awful. I tried to empathize with her plight, and the stress she was under, but she was just ... gah. EASE UP, LADY FACE.I found the book to be repetitious on occasion. A memorable instance was the conversations Will & Emma had about how she was too weak to leave the cabin. Two conversations, nearly verbatim, within pages of each other. I also felt that Emma's change of heart towards Will was rather sudden, given her unrelenting animosity towards him at the beginning, but oh well. Suspension of disbelief engaged!The premise is an interesting one, if a little clunky at times. The prose is enjoyable, though it too is a little clunky in spots (mostly dialogue), and in need of a bit of extra copy editing. For all its faults, I'm intrigued enough to include book 2 on my to-read list. It's just not one I need to get to RIGHT NOW, as I tend to do with series I fall head over heels in love with.