ibrium

ibrium

Desire Untamed - Pamela Palmer Do I rate a book on quality or subjective enjoyment? And how many stars is crack worth? Because this one? Hoo boy. I enjoyed the crap out of it, for all the wrong reasons and scarfed it up, all while realizing that it is, without question, a, uh, not good book. I settled on a grudging 2-stars.To enumerate all the problems I had with Desire Untamed would probably take me longer to type out than it took me to read it. It's ridiculous, verges on--and sometimes flat out IS--offensive, horrifying in a not good way, ridiculous, poorly delivered, uneven, and did I mention RIDICULOUS? I laughed out loud at dialogue that, I assume, was not meant for me to laugh at. "Empower the beast of the lion!" SEE? You're totally laughing. I suspect Lyon felt like laughing. Or maybe not, because he felt NOTHING. NOTHING, you hear? HIS SOUL WAS UNTOUCHABLE AND ENCASED IN ICE UNTIL HE MET HIS LITTLE RADIANT. But I digress. What I'm trying to say is that I felt like I was watching a Thundercats knock-off when I read that bit of dialogue. The whole book is a total ball o' crazy, and just when you think it can't get sillier: FLAMINGO CHEF. Named Pink, because DUH. So cracky. In good conscience, I can't recommend this to anyone, but I'll probably check out book two to see if this one could be topped on the wacky scale. I do not see how this could happen, but we shall see.