ibrium

ibrium

Immortal Rider - Larissa Ione Sigh. I finished this last night. Several hours and a decent night's sleep later and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it. The whole thing felt rather, well, aimless, for lack of a better word. The storytelling was engaging, and I'm invested in the overall plot of this series. However, what I was never invested in was Limos & Arik. I was vastly more intrigued by Regan & Thanatos (which means I am, of course, chomping at the bit to get to book 3). The C plot involving Reaver was so hard to read it made it difficult to breathe at times. That was gripping stuff. Limos & Arik? MEH. For the most part, the A plot never connected with me. To me it seemed slapdash and I feel like some threads where neglected. And am I the only one who thought, "Wait, that's the end?" I was genuinely surprised it was over. Maybe those loose threads will be tied up neatly in book 3 and my dissatisfaction will prove unwarranted. Maybe. On that bit of wishful thinking, this gets three stars.