ibrium

ibrium

Then Came You - Lisa Kleypas Everything about this book grated on me when I started reading it. Everything. Boring characters, kinda wacky plot and subplot, Derek Craven's accent... (It is with a sense of genuine dread that I pick up Dreaming of You; I can't take a whole book of written Mockney. I'm gonna give it the ol' college try though, because I get the impression from reviews that Derek Craven may knock my socks off. I'll put up with a lot for sock knocking. Shallow is often how I roll.)If this hadn't been written by Lisa Kleypas, there's a better than good chance I'd have tossed this book on the Abandoned pile. It was easily a third of the way in before I found Lily & Alex to have even the tiniest spark of chemistry. And then, as if someone had flipped a switch, there were finally two characters I could connect with and who I thought could, eventually, connect with each other. In the end, I'm glad I pressed on, and overall, I liked with the story. I just wish it had been a smoother start.